Wednesday, January 8, 2014

First Official Weigh-In for 2014

I am one of those people that weigh myself daily.

Yes, I know that weight can fluctuate dramatically from one day to another, but I feel like it helps keeps me on track when I weigh myself every day.

I mean, think about it.   If you had to see the dentist every week, would you not floss a lot more than you currently do?

I know for me, my main flossing happens in the weeks leading up to my dentist appointment.  Sure, I will floss now and again before that, but there's something about being able to say to my dentist, "I have flossed every day...since last week" when I see him.  (Of course, I tend to leave off the "since last week".)

The same goes for my weight.  Even though I am not solely focused on weight this year, it is a good reminder of keeping healthy.  And when I weigh myself and have dropped a pound, it makes it a whole lot easier to say "no" to the office donut box that day.

Anyway, even though I weigh myself daily, I only count one day and that is Wednesday, which is today.

So my beginning weight last Wednesday, January 1 was 243.

This morning: 241.4.

Like I said, I'm not fixated on my weight loss this year, but it does show that I am going in the right direction.

1 comment:

All comments must be approved before posting.