Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Back In The Saddle Again



It has been just over two years since I last posted here.

A lot has happened in that time frame: I graduated from college (Finally!); After 20 years in radio, I started a new career as an elementary school teacher; I lost my mom to a stroke; I started working part-time at a fitness center; I've lost 7.2 pounds.

You read that right. Not 72 pounds, but 7.2 pounds.  I will say, though, that I did get down to 222.2 pounds, which was 19.2 pounds less than the last time you read something here.  (Of course, that was before a summer vacation of sitting at home and snacking all day.)

But I digress.

The point is, I am back.  Since the beginning of the 2016, I have lost about 6 pounds.  And now, for the next three months, my fellow teachers and I are engaged in a little competition.  I intend to put my all into it.  Not for the cash prizes that are guaranteed to the winners.  (Although that is an added bonus.)  I just want to feel better.  I just want to breathe easier.  I just want to walk without so much pain.

And yes, I just want to look better.

So with my FitBit on my wrist and a workout program that seems to be working thus far, I am ready to do this.

I turn 44 in a few weeks and I want to be healthier now than I have ever been.

Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before posting.